[linux-cifs-client] Re: cifs-client patch held by moderators?

Steven French sfrench at us.ibm.com
Thu Mar 27 01:15:05 GMT 2008

The maximum posting size must have been exceeded on a few.

I saw all of the patch series but did not want to merge at this stage
(release candidate 6 of mainline).   In a week or so it should be fine.

My initial reaction to the series was:
1) mixed feelings about this, I would like to condense a few routines in
cifssmb.c to pass in flags as one variable and wanted to think more about
this.
2) strongly in favor, no problem
3) likely, seems fine
4) likely, but I wanted to run the old and new code through the
"checkpatch" utility to double check the case alignment rule.

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin
phone: 512-838-2294
email: sfrench at-sign us dot ibm dot com

Joe Perches <joe at perches.com>
03/26/2008 07:03 PM

linux-cifs-client at lists.samba.org
cc
Steven French/Austin/IBM at IBMUS
Subject
cifs-client patch held by moderators?

Hello.

I submitted a patch series to linux-cifs-client a week ago.

These patches do not change behavior and do reduce the code
size of the client.

Patch 1: defer a test for CIFS_MOUNT_MAP_SPECIAL_CHR to the
         routine that actually maps (saves ~200B)
Patch 2: Use bool instead of int (saves ~100B)
Patch 3: code style/formatting only
Patch 4: code style/formatting only

To date patch 1 and 2 have not appeared on the list waiting
for moderator approval.  Patch 1 is 62KB.  Patch 2 is 48KB.

Could the moderator please release the patches to the list
and determine if the patches are suitable for inclusion?

Thanks,  Joe Perches