[linux-cifs-client] cifs updated in 2.6.25-rc6

Steve French smfrench at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 01:36:15 GMT 2008

Some additional cifs fixes were just added to 2.6.25-rc6 mainline kernel.
We are coming down to the wire, so wanted to remind that this may be
the last few days to test it before before it ships.

Due to some strange behavior by the Samba server when DFS is enabled
(in particular not recognizing as dfs referrals, paths to msdfs:
symlink inodes beginning with / when Unix Extensions are enabled, and
when they are disabled not recognizing the DFS path without the
\\server\share prefix even when DFS flag is disabled), I don't want to
check the final piece of enablement in until we finally understand
this.   I don't see a reasonable way o do the 2nd CIFSSMBQueryPathInfo
(as the current code does) and get it to work to Samba, so will have
to fill in default values which is more code than I want to change
this late in the cycle (and harder than it sounds for a few of the
cases).

Steve