[linux-cifs-client] review 5, was Re: projected date for mount.cifs to support DFS junction points

Steve French smfrench at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 22:48:20 GMT 2008

In testing this (which I plan to push up to cifs-2.6.git today), I
have been running into problems with the retry that you do.  With Unix
Extensions enabled Samba does not seem to like the path (looks like a
bug in the server recognizing dfs paths in POSIX form with / instead
of \).

Disabling Unix Extensions to Samba (to look like Windows), I noticed
that you get a path_not_found error on the retry (ie
\\server\share\dfs-ref works but not the retry on \dfs-ref) - this
happens even if you turn off dfs support in SMB flags2 (Samba seems to
ignore that flag on QueryPathInfo).

The mem leak fix helps - but it looks like we have to put in default
values for the inode (which is soon to be covered anyway) - the one
question I had was how to generate an inode number when we are using
the server's inode numbers for the directory (since we can't seem to
get the server to give us info on the inode without a path not found
or a path not covered error coming back - since it is a dfs junction).

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 4:41 AM, Q (Igor Mammedov)
<qwerty0987654321 at mail.ru> wrote:
> Mem leak fix in inode.c

Steve