[linux-cifs-client] no write permissions for windows clients

ltracchia ltracchia at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 15:12:30 GMT 2008

in order to debug this i have given my linux samba share full permissions
(777). from a windows machine i have no problems browsing the samba share
and opening files. the problem is that i cannot save any new files or
existing files.

i may be missing something in my smb.conf which i attached. i also attached
the log file. the lines from March 19 are the pertinent ones. thanks!

http://www.nabble.com/file/p16144611/smb.conf smb.conf
http://www.nabble.com/file/p16144611/log.aac17 log.aac17