[linux-cifs-client] Re: Unable to mount using sec=none and mount.cifs

Christopher DeMarco demarco at maya.com
Thu Mar 6 16:10:20 GMT 2008

On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 10:24:50AM +0100, Ganael LAPLANCHE wrote:

> You use the old smbfs option : 'username' is deprecated. The good
> option is now

The manpage indicates that the old "username" option is also still
accepted.  But changing it has no effect.

> 'user'. You also have to remove sec=none which will try to bind you
> as guest (null user).

Indeed it does.  But removing the option changes nothing -- same
error.

FWIW, when I authenticate "incorrectly" -- bad password -- I see log
messages on the filer.  The old smbfs module, when mounting *without*
sec=none, also spawns a log message on the filer, but the
configuration I'm using now *doesn't generate log messages on the
filer*.

--
Christopher DeMarco <demarco at maya.com>
IT Director