[linux-cifs-client] CIFS and rename of open files

Jeff Layton jlayton at redhat.com
Fri Jun 6 10:28:55 GMT 2008

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 10:49:26 +0200
Wilhelm Meier <wilhelm.meier at fh-kl.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> are there any news to the issue of renaming open files - because this
> missing feature is preventing the use of cifs as user homes on linux
> systems.

I was looking at the problem earlier this week, but haven't gotten all
the way to a solution. The issue is very dependent on server behavior,
with windows servers being particularly problematic. I've been doing
some experimentation, but haven't found a solution that seems to work
well for all cases.