[linux-cifs-client] updated CIFS code in RHEL5 test kernels

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Jul 31 14:33:49 GMT 2008

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008, Jeff Layton wrote:

> This is wrong. That keyname was changed a while back to "dns_resolver".
> I posted a patch recently to fix the manpage and comments, but it's not
> in git yet. My line looks like:
>
> create	dns_resolver	*	*		/sbin/cifs.upcall %k

Ah, excellent, I'm glad it's something simple.  At a stroke I now have working
DFS.  Obviously it'll need a proper workout to see if I can make it squeal,
but it's a good start.

So for the full round of testing, what do I have to do to get kerberos working
with CIFS?  I already have a fully working kerberos setup on the test machine
(against Active Directory servers).

jh

--
"Science is a bit like the joke about the drunk who is looking under a
  lamppost for a key that he lost on the other side of the street, because