[linux-cifs-client] No connection using plain text password

Michael Wulff mwulfff at yahoo.de
Wed Jul 23 13:47:55 GMT 2008

Hello,

I want to connect from my Fedora 9 workstation to a samba server that only uses plain text passwords. The kernel is compiled with CONFIG_CIFS_WEAK_PW_HASH=y and I put 0x37 into /proc/fs/cifs/SecurityFlags. But when trying to connect I receive the following error:

# mount -t cifs -o username=user //host/share /mnt
Password:
mount error 13 = Permission denied
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)

dmesg shows:
Status code returned 0xc000006d NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
 CIFS VFS: Send error in SessSetup = -13
 CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -13

The password I typed IS correct!

Connection to another samba server using encrypted passwords is successful.

Any ideas?

Michael