[linux-cifs-client] (no subject)

Marko Käning mk362 at mch.osram.de
Fri Jul 18 11:58:36 GMT 2008

> The 2.6.22 kernel is pretty old. You might want to try updating it to
> get the benefits of the last couple of years worth of bugfixes.

Oh, old!?!
My god, pretty old? It's a SuSE 10.3 installation - the predecessor of the
current SuSE 11

> >  Linux server 2.6.16.53-0.8-smp #1 SMP Fri Aug 31 13:07:27 UTC 2007
> >  x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

The server who doesn't respond quickly enough is much older, isn't it!?!

> Not much...mostly these messages are just telling you that the server
> is being very slow to respond. We should probably tone down this
> chatter though if that's not already been done in more recent kernels.

Do you mean with "tone down" to "simply shut it up"? :)

> The -EBADF errors are a bit more disturbing -- I'm not quite sure what
> to make of those. Again, you might want to try patching up to a newer
> kernel and see if the problem just goes away.

Hmmm, can't update my kernel so easily, since I use only standard SuSE
kernels via their update service.