[linux-cifs-client] mount.cifs + kerberos + pam_mount

Doug Kelly dougk at dougk-ff7.net
Mon Jan 28 21:25:18 GMT 2008

On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 03:47:27PM -0500, Lynn Zhang wrote:
> Hi Simo,
>
> Which kernel version  and mount.cifs begins to support sec=krb5?
> What is the limited kerberos support?

I'm in the same boat, but as far as I know, it's only what currently
exists in the cifs branch of the kernel's git tree.  Specifically,
linux/kernel/git/sfrench/cifs-2.6.git from git.kernel.org.

I don't believe much of the required support has been merged into the
current development kernel.  I believe I'm in the same boat as you,
except I also have DFS to worry about... fortunately, we've at least got
a workable solution using pam_mount without sec=krb5 (it seems to behave
just fine, from what I've noticed).

If you need help getting that going, feel free to ask me.  I'll provide
as much help as I can.

--Doug