[linux-cifs-client] Acls and cifs mounted shares

Stefan Rijnhart stefan.rijnhart at milieudefensie.nl
Wed Jan 2 11:27:54 GMT 2008

Hi,

Recently, we have tried to get started with acls on our cifs mounted
shares, but permissions do not seem to be honoured yet on a stock Debian
server and Ubuntu (Feisty) clients, although acls can be inspected using
getfacl when running with CONFIG_CIFS_XATTR=y and CONFIG_CIFS_POSIX=y on
the client.

There seems to be a lot of activity in the cifs development team with
respect to acls. Does this mean that we can look forward to functional
acl permissions in a recent or forthcoming kernel?

Regards,
Stefan.