[linux-cifs-client] Extrange behavior, mounted dir files can be writed but not modified... sometimes

rah raul.medrano at inspectorate.es
Fri Dec 19 11:51:10 GMT 2008

I'm using a cifs mounted linux folder. Since the begining it worked fine, but
lately some applications cannot modify files.
For example:
gimp or scite opens a png or text file but when saving only can do it using
a different name, else it says "no such directory" or "not a directory"

But if I open the same file text with vim or gedit it behaves right and can
be saved with the same name.

Server is debian 2.6.8-3-k7 kernel and samba 3.0.24-6
Client is debian 2.6.26-1-amd64 kernel and samba 3.2.5-2
Other clients works well: Windows and linux (older)

The only thing changed lately were kernel and packages upgrades.

I've tried to get more info but samba and system logs doesn't show anything
about this or at least I wasn't able to find it.

Please advice.

Thanks