[linux-cifs-client] is this crash CIFS related?

Jeff Layton jlayton at redhat.com
Wed Dec 17 19:24:21 GMT 2008

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 14:10:06 -0500 (EST)
aragonx at dcsnow.com wrote:

> Going on the theory that more information is better, I get a few groups of
> messages like this every day on that same box.  I am not sure if the
> issues are related but I'm hoping so.

It's possible. There was a memory corruption issue that was fixed a
year or so ago that would cause similar messages to show up. It's not
clear to me whether you have those fixes or not. Memory corruption can
manifest itself as crashes in random areas. You won't know until you
dig in and start analyzing the crashes.

My suggestion would to see if you can reproduce the problem with a more
current kernel. 2.6.16 is really old.