[linux-cifs-client] cifs not supported by the kernel

Yassine AYACHI ayachi.yassine at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 10:25:06 GMT 2008

Hi all,

I made a mounting samba on a Linux machine wich kernel version is
2.4.20-31.9smp, my pb is that I can't write file larger than 2Gb. I found in
a forum that I need to use mount with cifs option... it doesn't work because
my kernel doesn't support cifs file system ... some solution proposed on the
Net said that I must find a new kernel, or compile my own... but i can't do
that because i can't restart the machine or take the risk of a rebuild.

If there is a third solution thanks to proposed it to me

cheers

Yassine