[linux-cifs-client] plain text password authentication

Steve French smfrench at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 21:28:45 GMT 2008

I have attached a small patch to fix plaintext password
authentication.  I briefly tested it with Samba by setting password
encryption to no in the server's smb.conf, but need to have it tested
against other servers which can be configured to force plaintext
authentication.    Note that plaintext authentication requires setting
/proc/fs/cifs/SecurityFlags to 0x30030 on the client (enabling both
LANMAN and also PLAINTEXT).

If anyone has test feedback, that will help me determine whether to
request to merge the fix with mainline quickly or wait.

Steve