[linux-cifs-client] should we rename cifs.spnego to cifs.upcall in v3.2

Jeff Layton jlayton at samba.org
Sat Aug 16 10:25:30 GMT 2008

We recently committed a patch to v3-3-test to rename the "cifs.spnego"
program to the more generically named "cifs.upcall". I'm trying to
decide whether this change is also suitable for the v3-2-* branches.

On the one hand, this is a significant change that affects both users
and those people packaging this program. On the other hand, this
program is fairly new, not a lot of people are using it yet, and making
this change now might mean less pain in the long run.

Anyone have thoughts?

(For the record, Simo has already stated that he thinks we should go
ahead and change this for v3.2 as well).

--
Jeff Layton <jlayton at samba.org>