[linux-cifs-client] Re: New Proxy Unix CAP

Steve French smfrench at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 18:58:41 GMT 2008

Current SetFSInfo/QueryFSInfo levels (when one is added, we reserve
the same number for query fs and set fs, even if it is not required,
to make it less confusing).   This seems consistent with cifs and
Samba headers:

#define SMB_QUERY_CIFS_UNIX_INFO    0x200
#define SMB_QUERY_POSIX_FS_INFO     0x201
#define SMB_QUERY_POSIX_WHO_AM_I    0x202
#define SMB_REQUEST_TRANSPORT_ENCRYPTION 0x203
#define SMB_QUERY_FS_PROXY          0x204 /* WAFS enabled. Returns structure
                                            FILE_SYSTEM__UNIX_INFO to tell
                                            whether new NTIOCTL available
                                            (0xACE) for WAN friendly SMB
                                            operations to be carried */

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 11:47 AM, Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 05:41:51PM +0100, Sam Liddicott wrote:
>  > * Steve French wrote, On 24/04/08 17:40:
>  > > Nevermind 0x203 was the next free setfsinfo  - 0x20c is the next free
>  > > setfileinfo level
>  > >
>  > ouch, My head hurts.
>  > So is the wiki page wrong?
>  >
>  >  New Query/Set FS Info levels: Operations on shares/exports
>  > Info Level Name     Value     Description
>  > SMB_QUERY_CIFS_UNIX_INFO     0x200     (Part of the original Unix
>  > Extensions)
>  > SMB_QUERY_POSIX_FS_INFO     0x201
>  > SMB_QUERY_POSIX_WHO_AM_I     0x202     (see below)
>  > SMB_REQUEST_TRANSPORT_ENCRYPTION     0x203     Call to set up an
>  > encryption context.
>  >

>  No, 0x203 is not a free SETFSINFO - it's allocated (and used) to
>  SMB_REQUEST_TRANSPORT_ENCRYPTION as the wikki page says. The next
>  free SETFSINFO is 0x204.
>
>  Jeremy.

Steve