[linux-cifs-client] cifs mount shows echoed two-deep false directory path

Jeff Layton jlayton at redhat.com
Wed Apr 9 00:10:56 GMT 2008

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 18:54:09 -0300
"D G Teed" <donald.teed at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for trying to reproduce the problem, Jeff.  It's too bad it isn't
> easy to nail down the pre-conditions.  There was one other person
> on here at late February with the exact same problem.
> Maybe I'll try asking him if the problem was resolved.
>
> A support call might be the way to go, but at this point
> I wonder if I can live with the weird and deep mount points and
> then fix the apache config later when the problem goes away
> (likely with a kernel update).  When the time is appropriate
> for us, I'll try an older kernel and see what happens.
>
> Thanks again for the follow up...

No problem. If you have a non-critical place to test them, you may want
to try the test kernels I have on my RH people page:

http://people.redhat.com/jlayton

These have updated CIFS code that's slated for 5.2 (plus a few extra
patches). It's possible that the problem you're hitting is already
fixed there.