[linux-cifs-client] chmod +x again

John Newbigin jnewbigin at ict.swin.edu.au
Fri Sep 21 00:29:39 GMT 2007

This is a follow up to
http://lists.samba.org/archive/linux-cifs-client/2007-September/002215.html

We are having the same problem.  The issue is that the samba server is
used by windows and linux users.

For windows user, I want to use
create mask = 0664
but for unix users I want to use
create mask = 0777

I guess this is a samba issue but given that the question has already
been asked here before I though I would try here first.

I have looked at some of the % macros available but the client detection
does not work for the linux cifs and there is no macro to indicate if
unix extensions are in use.

If a second [homes] section was defined I could make use unix users
connect to username_unix but that does not seem to be supported.

Has anyone got any ideas?  If it can't be solved using a single instance
of samba I will revert to the old method of running a second instance on
different port number.

John.

--
John Newbigin