[linux-cifs-client] Re: mapping shares to a netapp filer

Steve French (smfltc) smfltc at us.ibm.com
Fri Sep 14 20:48:07 GMT 2007

> We have been unable to get the cifs client working with this
> configuration and unencrypted passwords.

Although it is not the most common configuration, it should work.
Have you tried using the mount option "sec=none"

IIRC some "sec=" mount option parsing was fixed early in cifs 1.50
for NTLMv2 but I thought that it should work for sec=none (cifs 1.50
actually now cifs 1.50b is on the linux-cifs project download directory
if you want to try that, but it should not be necessary)

If mount fails, please open a bugzilla on bugzilla.samba.org,
so we can attach a network trace (and turn on cifs debugging
"echo 7 > /proc/fs/cifs/cifsFYI") and fix whatever you are running into.