[linux-cifs-client] cifs 1.50 and dosemu 1.4 great combination

kemas k_henry at ramayana.co.id
Thu Oct 11 14:30:11 GMT 2007

hi all,

just wanted to share some story..

we use samba as file server, application mainly use dos clipper, foxpro
base and some windows application.

we try to change the client to use linux so we can easily maintain the
os remotely.
at first it was running quite well but slow, but later the client start
complaining about how they loose their data and how they blame it
because of using linux.

at that time we use
	- centos 4.3
	- cifs 1.34
	- dosemu 1.2
	- wine

try upgrading cifs from 1.34 to 1.40 doesn't resolve the problem, smbfs
really not a solution for us because we need locking capabilies.
ask for help from anyone (thanks akemi), become a headbanger because
that problem still exist.

now we try to at one site to use
	- centos 5
	- upgraded to cifs 1.50
	- dosemu 1.4
	- wine

since then I get zero..zip complain from the user at that site regarding
data losses, phew.

I just want to say a big thank you for such a great software,

thank you