[linux-cifs-client] CIFS mounted files are corrupt when passed to apache web clients

JNaujok Jester at devista.org
Wed Nov 28 20:58:54 GMT 2007

I know, replying to yourself is bad form and all...

I've been working with Jeff Layton on this (from redhat) and we have a
work-around for the problem:

in httpd.conf set

EnableSendfile: off

If you do this, the problem goes away.

It appears from the trace that apache requests the file be opened, but then
"doesn't actually do anything* and requests that the file be closed. I'd
imagine that the "sendfile()" system call isn't friendly with CIFS (which it
does state in the Apache documentation, sort of.)

Anyway, thanks again to Jeff for helping with this.