[linux-cifs-client] CIFS mounted files are corrupt when passed to apache web clients

Jeff Layton jlayton at redhat.com
Wed Nov 28 18:37:01 GMT 2007

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 10:06:54 -0800 (PST)
JNaujok <Jester at devista.org> wrote:

> Jeremy Allison wrote:
> >
> > Get wireshark traces and post them please.
> >

> Attached are the source and destination filtered files from wireshark.
> Sorry, I don't know the filter well enough to get them both in the
> same file.
>
> 192.168.0.49 is the Windows machine, 192.168.0.230 is the apache box.
>
> Jeff
>
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p13998819/Source Source
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p13998819/Destination Destination

The captures show that after 128B.txt is opened that the client tries
to read 4k from it and gets 128 bytes back. It then closes the file.

After opening 256B.txt, it just does an immediate close on the file
(never actually attempting a read). That may be because the file data
is cached (or the client thinks it is), or some other bug.

strace of apache would be the best thing at this point so we can see
what it might be doing differently than "standard" user access.