[linux-cifs-client] NT and LM hash

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Tue Nov 6 21:23:44 GMT 2007

I did write something today and placed it on my website
(http://ubiqx.org/libcifs/).  The site is not particularly well organized at
present so let me know if you want some help figuring it out.

Anyway, all my code does is generate the LM and NTLM hashes from input.  It
doesn't do anything about generating a response from a challenge.

When you say (below) that you are getting "some junk value in lm_p16_c",
what in particular do you mean?  The value you should get will be 16 bytes
that will appear almost like a random garbage.  You need to convert these to
a hex string to make them readable.

Chris -)-----