[linux-cifs-client] locks over clustered filesystem supported now by nfs server

Steven French sfrench at us.ibm.com
Wed May 9 16:23:08 GMT 2007

NFS support for locking over e.g. cluster filesystem just went into
mainline kernel today.

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=fd85b8170dabbf021987875ef7f903791f4f181e

Reminds me that it would be nice for them to leverage ctdb if that were
possible (seems unlikely).

Now if I could figure out the exportfs operations we could have them
export nfsd over cifs to Samba (of course a dangerous idea, but probably
no worse than nfs over some of the poorer cluster filesystems today).

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin
phone: 512-838-2294
email: sfrench at-sign us dot ibm dot com