[linux-cifs-client] newer cifs version backported to old kernels

Jeff Layton jlayton at redhat.com
Wed May 2 11:22:31 GMT 2007

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 11:14:10PM -0500, Steve French wrote:
> http://pserver.samba.org/samba/ftp/cifs-cvs/cifs-1.48a.tar.gz
>
> Let me know if you have an older 2.6 kernel that this does not build on
> (I tried 2.6.21 and 2.6.18)

For anyone interested, I've ported the code above to RHEL5 and have posted
some test kernels on my Red Hat People page:

http://people.redhat.com/jlayton/

Only a few minor changes were necessary from what was in the tarball. Help in
testing them would be greatly appreciated. If you find problems then please
report them to the appropriate BZ case.

Thanks,
Jeff