[linux-cifs-client] Re: Can't mount NAS device

Steve French (smfltc) smfltc at us.ibm.com
Fri Mar 30 00:45:14 GMT 2007

Naidu Bollineni wrote:

>Could this be due to NULL pointer being passed in cifs_read_inode()
>call?
>
>Is there a special reason for NULL pointer as second argument to
>cifs_get_inode_info(), and cifs_get_inode_info_unix() ? Is there any
>wrong if "\\" is passed?
>
>Thanks
>Naidu.

There would be nothing wrong with passing a /   (or \ if this were
windows), but whether the path is two
bytes of null or / it resolves to the same thing.   The server did not
return an SMB error on the call,
it just returned the wrong size response.

Just a guess ... the server returned a response to a different default
infolvel when it encounered
a QPathInfo/QFileInfo level it did not understand (instead of returning
an error not supported smb error)..