[linux-cifs-client] Re: POSIX Unlink and Query Unix File Info2

James Peach jpeach at samba.org
Fri Mar 9 22:02:32 GMT 2007

On 09/03/2007, at 1:47 PM, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 03:44:47PM -0600, Steve French wrote:
>> If server supports CIFS_UNIX_POSIX_PATHNAMES_CAP then
>> SMB_POSIX_PATH_UNLINK MUST be available? or SHOULD be available?
>
> Must.
>
>> I saw a comment in your code indicating that this did an oplock break
>> and is path only (not SetFileInfo).   Does this mean that if we
>> have the
>> file open on the client - there is a handle based way to get posix
>> semantics on delete of a file ... seems like we must if the path
>> based
>> one should break oplock
>
> Yes, that's the case.
>
>> If server supports CIFS_UNIX_POSIX_PATHNAMES_CAP then
>> SMB_QUERY_FILE_UNIX_INFO2 MUST be available? or SHOULD be available?
>
> I think it's a should. James, George - comments ?

I made it so that CIFS_UNIX_EXTATTR_CAP indicates the availability of
SMB_QUERY_FILE_UNIX_INFO2, since that was commented as indicating
that chflags(2) was available. I'm not too fussed about this, but
you're right that we should nail this down. IIRC George preferred
having a separate capability for INFO2.

James Peach | jpeach at samba.org