[linux-cifs-client] mount cifs -- with ACL info

Martin Smith martin at backup-systems.co.uk
Mon Mar 5 10:18:50 GMT 2007

Hi,

Does anyone know if you can mount a windows share that has access control
list (ACL) info on it and see it in linux.

I have an XP share, I have turned of simple file sharing and have creates a
few directories and files with various ACLs.

I've have Fedorra Core 5 - updated to kernel 2.6.19

when I do this;

mkdir TMP
mount -t cifs //windows-pc/MYSHARE ./TMP -o acl

The windows share is mounted to ./TMP

but when I do getfacl to get the acl info - everything is owned by root. no
ACL info is displayed.

 >getfacl TMP/xx
# file: TMP/xx
# owner: root