[linux-cifs-client] Re: CIFS home mount won't allow KDE to, run

Steve French smfrench at austin.rr.com
Mon Jun 25 02:49:29 GMT 2007

>> this is a known problem. Be sure to use the serverino option for
>> mount.cifs / mounting.

This would be easy enough to add to the cifs user's guide (the master
copy is kept in samba-docs svn).

Is there something about how to use pam_cifs that I could add?

Also note that the default is not to use serverino since mount points
can cross device boundaries (and thus duplicate inode numbers can be
possible depending on how the server shares are configured) - when we
finish merging the DFS patch we can use the same concept introduced
there (ie of "shrinkable mounts" and junctions) to handle the case of a
server which exports more than one device (and thus workaround duplicate
inode numbers by doing "implicit mounts")