[linux-cifs-client] Re: linux-cifs-client Digest, Vol 43, Issue 8

Steve French (smfltc) smfltc at us.ibm.com
Mon Jun 11 15:34:31 GMT 2007

>>>2) My editor, Vim, gives lots of warnings "WARNING: The file has been
>>>changed since reading it ... " presumably Vim sees the file timestamp
>>>unexpectedly change after it last writes the file.  I have no other
>>>processes accessing the file
>>>

>>This subtle date/time problem was fixed months ago.
>>

>Steve, could you tell me which version of mainline kernel has this fix?
>I seem to have this problem, but my kernel is not up-to-date (2.6.19, cifs
>1.46).
>
>Akemi

Wasn't this fixed by this changeset:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=1b2b212603ceb47d60aff571dcfffc846fcfa336

which was merged on 2/21/07 and is in 2.6.21 (actually 2.6.21-rc2) but
it is also in the cifs backported for older kernels (certainly in 1.49
version of cifs probably in 1.48 too).