[linux-cifs-client] Re: Re: compile cifs-1.48a error on CentOS 4.3

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 04:27:05 GMT 2007

On 7/12/07, kemas <k_henry at ramayana.co.id> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 09:08 -0700, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> > On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 13:28:00 +0700, kemas wrote:

> > > is 4.3 and 4.5 RHEL kernel differ in include/linux/slab.h ?
> >
> > Yes, there is at least one patch (possibly more) for slab.h as well as
> > slab.c.  And your error relating to kzalloc may have to do with it.  At
> > any rate, if you are still running 4.3, you really want to consider
> > updating to 4.5.  There have been security fixes since 4.3.
> >
> > Akemi
> >
> I'm thinking of moving on to CentOS 5.0.
> I heard CentOS 5.0 ship with cifs 1.45, hope no problem on upgrading the
> modules.
>
> Kemas

Yes, RHEL5.0 (CentOS5.0) comes with cifs 1.45.  If you can wait for
5.1, that would have cifs 1.48 as Jeff Layton has been working on it.
If you decide to go for the 5.0 now, I can certainly share the patched
cifs.ko (or the source obtained from Jeff's src.rpm) with you.  I
needed to try out the patch to make sure the bug fix for which I
worked with samba people is in there.  That patch was incorporated in
the FC5 and FC6 kernels early this year but it was too late for
RHEL5.0.  Now I want to be sure it will be in 5.1. :)

Akemi