[linux-cifs-client] Re: cifsclient?

Stef Bon stef at bononline.nl
Tue Jul 10 05:28:17 GMT 2007

Stef Bon wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Is there for example a commandline client cfsclient (based of course on
> cifs) which will do the same as smbclient?

I should have written cifsclient in stead of cfsclient of course.

But nobody responding... isn't it interesting or something?

I think it's pretty interesting to know it's possible to browse
the network with the cifs protocol and not the smbfs protocol.

Now, is there a way to do something like:

[sbon at host ~]$ cifsclient \\\\server\\share
Password:
Domain=[...] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.25a]
cifs: \>_

Is this already possible?

I'm trying to understand C, and to try to write a fuse program,
just like fusesmb, which is based on smbfs, but then based on cifs.

I do not know it's possible at all..... CIFS requires daemons to run (cifsd,
cifsoplockd and cifsdnotifyd as you know).

Somebody shining some light here would be very appreciated.

Stef Bon