[linux-cifs-client] Re: DFS???

Steve French (smfltc) smfltc at us.ibm.com
Mon Jul 9 02:37:27 GMT 2007

>Hi Steve,
>
>People keep asking me when DFS support will be available in the kernel
>(i.e. when it will be reviewed)?

Was planning on doing this in about a week when the tree opened up again
but have not heard back from either of the guys on the list that were
finishing the patch cleanup.

Part of it was merged already, but of the remaining part I had gotten
through about 2/3 - including modifying some of the ip address parsing
(I also had some minor questions about the way one of the parms was
passed - but it was mostly  minor changes) - two people on the list
volunteered to clean up the remainder (I had gotten about 2/3 of the
way) but have not heard back from them.

2.6.22 should be out any day so don't mind requesting a merge soon
thereafter.  I was hoping that it would make the first big merge after
the kernel tree opens up this week.  It is getting a little harder to
merge anything now since I have been running scripts/checkpatch.pl
against the cifs tree to fix up over a thousand (!) minor formatting
problems (to match kernel style requirements) and diffs don't merge as
cleanly.