[linux-cifs-client] High traffic load

Gustavo Feijó feijo.listas at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 16:47:45 GMT 2007

Hello all,

I just don't know if I'm writing to the right list, but every trye is
a good trye...

I'm in a Linux box Fedora 5, using mount.cifs to, obviously, mount a
remote samba file system on a local machine.

I usualy use kate to work over 10 or 12 files opened directly on this
share file system.

Recentely I noted this high traffic load over the network. Searching
for the couse of the problem I reached a point of no doubt the problem
is with Kate X mount.cifs.

Has anybody allready report some problem like this?

Using:
Linux Client-42 2.6.18-1.2257.fc5 #1 Fri Dec 15 16:06:24 EST 2006 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Mounting command:
mount -t cifs -o rw,noperm,username=myname,password=xxxxx
//server/publico /mnt/rpublico

smbclient version:
Version 3.0.23c-1.fc5
--