[linux-cifs-client] cifs mount / IBM Websphere shared FS and I/O exeptions

Martin_Peter at swissre.com Martin_Peter at swissre.com
Wed Jan 17 15:25:44 GMT 2007

Hello,
I have a 3.0.23d samba server running under Solaris 10. It exports shares
to two Linux servers running under SLES9/SP2. I mount the samba shares with
mount.cifs (cifs module version 1.33, mount.cifs version 1.6-SUSE). This
constellation is used to run IBM Websphere process server which accesses
the shared filesystem for transaction logs. Running load tests under
WAS/WPS brings a I/O exeption which points to a filesystem error. I see no
logs from samba/cifs so far. Increasing the log level in the server and the
clients by setting /proc/fs/cifs/cifsFYI to one and brings me log output
but also the problem can not be reproduced anymore. It seems that changing
log configuration affects the problem. Any ideas or feedback from users
with simmilar setups are welcome.

cheers
martin

This e-mail, including attachments, is intended for the person(s) or
company named and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged
information. Unauthorized disclosure, copying or use of this information
may be unlawful and is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete this message and notify the sender