[linux-cifs-client] CIFS and Namespaces (pam_namespace.so)

Jeff Layton jlayton at redhat.com
Mon Dec 17 19:15:34 GMT 2007

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:52:00 +0100
Wilhelm Meier <wilhelm.meier at fh-kl.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use cifs-mounts and namespaces together. I set up an
> client machine which mounts user-homes and public directories, e.d.
>
> /home/tester (is mounted from //server/homes/tester, uid=tester)
>
> /var/lib/cifs/public_inst/tester (is mounted from //server/public,
> uid=tester)
>
> and with pam_namespace.so
>
> /home/public is bind-mounted from /var/lib/cifs/public_inst/tester in
> the new namespace.
>
> If I try this with an additional uses (replace tester with tester2 in
> the aboce example) simultaneously on the same machine, I got
>
> CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -13
>
> Any hints?

Are you using signatures? I've been working some with kerberos mounts
today and have found that CIFS tries to share TCP sessions between
users, but that doesn't seem to be working well with signatures
enabled (you need different signing keys, etc). You may want to try
disabling signatures and see if that works around the problem.

Cheers,