[linux-cifs-client] cifs umount panic on centos5 (update 8)

Narasimha Valiveti nvaliveti at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 16:26:48 GMT 2007

Hello,

This may not be related to cifs unmount (as I have seen a similar panic
during NFS umount also),
just wanted to check whether anyone has seen this on centos5 (or rhel5).
With centos5 and latest
updates installed, I am seeing a panic during CIFS and NFS unmounts.
Here is the stack:

       process: umount.cifs

       shrink_dcache_for_umount+0x2e
       generic_shutdown_super+0x16
       kill_anon_super+0x9
       deactivate_super+0x52
       sys_umount+0x1f0
       . . .

[root at h22 ~]# uname -a
Linux h22 2.6.18-8.1.8.el5 #1 SMP Tue Jul 10 06:50:22 EDT 2007 i686 i686
i386 GNU/Linux

Has anyone encountered this on rhel 5 (centos 5) ?.
I have seen some change log description of this in 18 and 19 kernels, but
not sure whether its
completely fixed yet and which patch version fixed it. Any pointers would
help.

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ChangeLog-2.6.19
<http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ChangeLog-2.6.18>

Thanks In Advance,