[linux-cifs-client] CIFS VFS: No response for cmd 50

Alexander Meyer meyer at spot-media.de
Wed Apr 11 09:29:36 GMT 2007

Shirish S Pargaonkar wrote:
> Hello Alexander,

> You can turn on cifs debugging by issueing command such as these
> echo 1 > /proc/fs/cifs/cifsFYI
> echo 1 > /proc/fs/cifs/traceSMB?
> Then do dmesg -c and once problem is noticed, do dmesg > <file_name> and
> send that file.
> Is it possible to do this when workload is less i.e. may be one user?

I assume this is supposed to be done on the client-machines, so i told
the users having problems to do so.

> What linux distro is this (on the machines which are running cifs client
> and on the machine(s)
> that is/are running cifs server and what is/are the version(s) of cifs
> client(s) (modinfo cifs) and
> what version is samba server?

the client-machines are all afaik kubuntu 6.06 or 6.10 and the server is
debian sarge.

the cifs-module on the clients has version 1.43.
the samba-version of the server is 3.0.24.

> Are you at liberty to use/move_up_to newer level of linux kernel, cifs,
> and samba server?

fortunately i am for i am root :)

Regards,

Alexander