[linux-cifs-client] Samba, inotify on a Windows share

Bruno Auger bruno at norp.ca
Thu Apr 5 15:32:48 GMT 2007

Hi everyone,

    Here's what I try to do. I want to monitor from a Linux Gentoo
machine with inotify enabled on a directory for new files hosted by a
windows share(Windows server, not Samba).

    I know there is a new support for iNotify in Samba 3.0.25
pre-release. I don't know if this new feature can help me, but I'll be
happy to find a way to solve my problem.

I tried with 3.0.25pr2, << mount.cifs >> utility without any results.

Thanks for you attention!

Bruno Auger