[linux-cifs-client] IPv6 helpers available - so we now should be able to turn on the cifs client ipv6 support

Steve French smfrench at austin.rr.com
Sun Sep 24 23:17:03 GMT 2006

New helper functions for IPv6 now in kernel (yeah) - we should be able
to take advantage of the new in6_pton in cifs_inet_pton
or in place of cifs_inet_pton almost immnediately:

See:
http://kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=1aaec67f9335a17856dfacdd3e5cc6f4c18faeec

Presumably Windows 2003 (or at least Vista) can negotiate cifs over IPv6
(if this works, we can see how hard it would
be to resurrect the Samba server ipv6 patch)