[linux-cifs-client] legacy smb time handling

Steve French smfrench at austin.rr.com
Sat Sep 23 16:49:10 GMT 2006

Jeremy Allison wrote:

>On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 10:55:40PM -0500, Steve French wrote:
>

>>Have made a start at adding the legacy time handling - the attached
>>patch is about 1/2 done.
>>

>Steve, please remember to keep the SVN trees on samba.org
>up to date w.r.t. the CIFS client code. That's the only
>public code people can do work on.
>
>I think it's missing the locking fix (and maybe other things)
>right now.
>
>Jeremy.

I will update the svn today.

The kernel community is a lot bigger than ours (Samba's), so the public
git repository(ies)
have to be the master (rather than Samba svn) - but I don't see any
reason why we shoudn't
just autosync the two svn branches from git - is there an example cron
job (or equivalent long
running daemon) in an always running server (e.g. in the Samba build
farm) that already
does this kind of thing?