[linux-cifs-client] Loop mounting on cifs failed (continue)

Aplemakh Aleksander Aleksander.Aplemakh at asplinux.ru
Wed Sep 6 06:50:36 GMT 2006

Hi.

I done additional investigates and got follow results:

1. At first i determine my cifs version - it's 1.43
2. Next i tried to start up SAMBA server another version (above
experiments were done on 3.0.23a) - 3.0.10 and then successfully mounted
by cifs share and image on loop from it. So i suppose that problem is
around SAMBA but want to remember that smbfs works well (see below) with
3.0.23a too.

+shirishp=us.ibm.com at lists.samba.org