[linux-cifs-client] Re: CIFS linux 2.17 / Alfresco : error

Steve French smfrench at austin.rr.com
Mon Oct 30 05:58:57 GMT 2006

> Things seems to work, but after a moment, while browsing with Nautilus
> or syncing with rsync, the client'network connection becomes really
> busy, and I get a reccurent error on the console :
>
> [17187997.646436] CIFS VFS: No response for cmd 50 mid 127
command 50 is SMB Transact2 (used for various types of operatoins including to handle stat,
ie Transact2 QueryPathInfo, as well as setting file attributes, querying fs info etc.)
Normally if the server would not respond that is a server or server filesystem bug, but
you could confirm that with an ethereal (or tcpdump) network trace of the traffic.
You also might check the number of reconnections to see if the client is retrying a lot
(resetting up the session after the failed command) - see /proc/fs/cifs/DebugData

> server : Alfresco on Ubuntu linux
That is not a server that I recognize.  Would be interesting to run Samba 4's smbtorture test suite to see how complete their implementation is.