[linux-cifs-client] CIFS linux 2.17 / Alfresco : error cmd 50

Franck Routier franck.routier at axege.com
Sat Oct 28 16:36:06 GMT 2006

Hi,

I am trying to mount a CIFS network drive in the following context :

- server : Alfresco on Ubuntu linux (2.15 kernel) I don't really know
what CIFS implementation they use (supposed to be written in java).
- client : Ubuntu linux (2.17 kernel)

This is the mount command used :

sudo mount -t cifs //192.168.1.51/alfresco/ alfresco/  -o
user=myuser,pass=mypass,codepage=unicode,iocharset=utf8

Things seems to work, but after a moment, while browsing with Nautilus
or syncing with rsync, the client'network connection becomes really
busy, and I get a reccurent error on the console :

[17187997.646436] CIFS VFS: No response for cmd 50 mid 127

The number after mid cycles from 1 to 65536 and again.

On another occurence, I also got the same massage, but with both cmd 50
and cmd 162 errors.

Any hint on this ?