[linux-cifs-client] Re: Inconsistent permissions on creation

Ohad Lutzky lutzky at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 13:45:45 GMT 2006

> So do you have a different behavior of wget when run on a local
> filesystem than when it is run on a CIFS one?

Yes, I do - definetely.

On a local filesystem,
$ wget google.com
(snip)
15:41:23 (159.58 MB/s) - `index.html' saved [3012]
$ ls -l index.html
-rw-r--r-- 1 ohad ohad 3012 2006-10-28 15:41 index.html

On a cifs-mounted filesystem, same action,
$ ls -l index.html
-rwxr--r-- 1 ohad Domain Users 3012 2006-10-28 15:39 index.html

Now, this isn't that big a deal with wget - but it is with svn - where
I get the exact same behavior - on a cifs-mounted filesystem, ALL
files get chmodded u+x on creation, not just the executable ones. On a
local filesystem, only specially-marked files (which were comitted as
executables to svn) get +x.

> If so than we have a bug or at least a feature request.

Where would I put that?

--
Protect your digital freedom and privacy, eliminate DRM, learn more at

Ohad Lutzky