[linux-cifs-client] Re: Inconsistent permissions on creation

Ohad Lutzky lutzky at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 15:08:14 GMT 2006

> Presumably wget is setting the attributes explicitly after file create
>
> Watching the output of "strace touch newfile"
> touch seems to create files with mode 0666, which due to your umask
> would end up with:
>
>     0666 & 0744 = 0644
>
> if you had a create mask in smb.conf of 0766 wouldn't that give what you
> want?

No, it wouldn't - wgotten files would still have executable
permissions on by default. touch is behaving correctly as far as I'm
concerned - it's wget I don't like.

Once again - setting it to 766 would have wget set the mode to 766 or
744, when I actually want 644. However, setting it to 644 would mean
that NO file can be made executable, which I don't want.

--
Protect your digital freedom and privacy, eliminate DRM, learn more at

Ohad Lutzky