[linux-cifs-client] cifs client 1.45 for 2.4.x missing directory listings

Schultz, Dale C. D.Schultz at telesat.ca
Wed Oct 4 12:34:27 GMT 2006

Further to my last email...I enabled the cifsFYI and captured some stuff
I don't really understand but I compared it to a server running a 2.6
kernel and CIFS 1.45.  In the comparison I discovered that the CIFS
module on the 2.4 kernel system was not the newly complied 1.45 version
but the old 1.20c one.  I rebooted the server with the new module in
place and found it would not load.  I decided to go through the whole
exercise of re-compiling the kernel and the modules as the CIFS module
was complaining about unresolved symbols.  After the recompile and
installation of the new kernel and the modules, I'm happy to report that
CIFS 1.45 is working on my 2.4 kernel machine.
(Apparently I was an operator in error...)
Dale