[linux-cifs-client] Re: extremely slow throughput writing to remote

Christian Pernegger pernegger at gmail.com
Wed May 24 09:12:08 GMT 2006

>  [...] resetting cifs stats ("echo 1 > /proc/fs/cifs/Stats") then doing the
>  copy and looking in /proc/fs/cifs/stats dividing bytes written by number
>  of write requests.

Hmm, I have nothing resembling stats in /proc/fs/cifs, just:

cifsFYI  DebugData  Experimental  ExtendedSecurity
LinuxExtensionsEnabled  LookupCacheEnabled  MultiuserMount
NTLMV2Enabled  OplockEnabled  PacketSigningEnabled  traceSMB

BTW, are these writepages patches everyone's talking about publicly available?
Seeing as how I'm experimenting with the box anyway, I might just as well help
test those.

Thank you,

C.