[linux-cifs-client] cifs unmount corrupts mountpoints

brendan powers brendan0powers at gmail.com
Mon May 15 13:52:25 GMT 2006

Hi i'm having some odd behavior with cifs mounts. I have several
mounts from a linux box to a win2k3 server. Each user on the linux box
has a public folder mounted in there home directory. When a use
unmount the share(by logging out) sometimes the mount will do strange
things like give input/output errors when you try to list the files,
or completely hand a process that tries to access it. These process
cannot be killed with kill -9. Also sometimes this happens when the
mount is idle for a period of time. I am using debian sarge 3.1,
kernels 2.6.8 and 2.6.16.7 samba 3.0.14a, mount.cifs 1.6.
Anyone have any ideas why this might happen?

Here is some output from my logs
http://office.resara.com/samba.log